Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis

http://amzn.to/29pcFItBreaking rules and breaking hearts

Free-spirited Chloe lives life on the edge. Unlike her soon-to-be married sisters, she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life running their family's newly renovated inn. But soon her love of trouble--and trouble with love-draws the attention of the very stern, very sexy sheriff who'd like nothing better than to tame her wild ways. 

Suddenly Chloe can't take a misstep without the sheriff hot on her heels. His rugged swagger and his enigmatic smile are enough to make a girl beg to be handcuffed. For the first time, instead of avoiding the law, Chloe dreams of surrender. Can this rebel find a way to keep the peace with the straitlaced sheriff? Or will Chloe's colorful past keep her from a love that lasts . . . and the safe haven she truly wants in a town called Lucky Harbor?


------------------------


This is the third in Shalvis' Lucky Harbour series. I've noticed that there will be other books set in Lucky Harbour in the future but this one seems to conclude the stories of the three out of town half sisters. The previous books are Simply Irresistible and The Sweetest Thing. Although it's probably not a necessity, I would suggest that you don't read this book if you haven't read the first two in the series.

Over the course of the first two books I've been waiting for Sawyer and Chloe to get their own book and get together. I love a couple who are antagonistic towards each other in the beginning and this pair certainly were that. I think what happened for me with this book is that we had so much back story about them fighting and being at each other's throats that when it came to their story we were already half way through the beginnings of their relationship. Perhaps that took the sparkle out of it but something was definitely lacking.

I liked Chloe better than I thought I would based on the first two books and she really grew into a character I liked and could route for. Sawyer was a great brooding hero although I think I would have liked him to open up a little more to Chloe. He had a difficult relationship with his dad which gave him depth although what happened to Sawyer's brothers (mentioned very briefly in the first two books) is beyond me!

Giving this book a rating was a little bit of a dilemma for me because while I liked it and it was readable - nothing much happened! I erred on the side of generosity as I like the Lucky Harbour series as a whole although it's probably a low 4 stars and definitely not the best of the series.


------------------------

381 pages

Lucky Harbor series:

           
 
           

           


  



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.