Caught on Camera by Meg Maguire

http://amzn.to/29rXzzQ
Wilderness survival television star Dominic Tyler (Ty) and his assistant Kate Somersby are stranded in a remote cabin during a freak winter storm. Things look pretty bleak–until they make a fire and strip off their wet clothes….

Act I–set up
Survive This! is Kate's life…as are unscripted fantasies about Ty, her boss and best friend. But when Kate is suddenly injured, Ty decides filming is too dangerous for her. This will be Kate's last adventure for a while.

Act II–plot point
Kate is furious and threatens to quit. But Ty needs her. So what can he do? Keep her occupied by filming every minute of their intense and definitely unrehearsed sex!

Act III–cliff-hanger
It's Kate's choice now: Her hard-won career? Or end credits featuring dangerously wild sex with Ty? Ha. Some choice. But either way, the final cut is guaranteed to be a thrilling ride!


------------------------


I wasn't sure if I would like this story being that it's a bit more outdoorsy than I generally like to be! But I was hooked from almost the first page and found I couldn't put it down. Kate and Ty were likeable characters and fit brilliantly together both as friends and then as lovers. There was a lot of heat within the book despite it being set in snowy Canada and I really liked the pair's interactions.

I know we're supposed to suspend belief in these kind of stories but I did have a little issue with the pair going at it outside in the forest in the middle of a snowstorm! Maybe I'm being overly cautious but I would assume that at the temperatures they would have been facing things might have fallen off which is probably not very sexy!

I'll admit to always being a little worried when either the hero or heroine aren't American in these kinds of books because their "accents" more often than not are clichéd and cringe-worthy. In this book Ty was Australian but I'm pleased to say his lingo wasn't overly embarrassing or stereotypical.

I really enjoyed this book and it kept me entertained from beginning to end. It's not the best or most romantic story ever but for something to keep you occupied for a couple of hours then you can't go wrong. 4 stars.



------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.