A Mackenzie Christmas by Liliana Hart

http://amzn.to/2gvswZIGrant MacKenzie is ready to settle down and start a family. The only problem is the one woman he’s interested in doesn’t seem to be ready for the long haul. But fate lends Grant a helping hand in getting exactly what he wants under his Christmas tree.


------------------------


I’ll admit that I often expect stories named for families, sagas and the like, to be rather tame. Imagine my surprise when this short tale had a nice punch of heat to it. The sex scenes (yes, there was sex - and chats of sex - packed into these 38 pages) were quite rushed and could have done with a bit more description but I’m attributing that to the fact that the story was short. I imagine in Ms. Hart’s full length novels there’s more time reserved for such things.

Grant was a good character and I feel I got to know him and like him in the short space of time. Annabeth was slightly more of a mystery and I did feel she came across as quite young; Nothing to dislike, however. Perhaps if I’d read the rest of the Mackenzie novels (this is book 9 in the series) then I might feel I knew her a little better.

A bit too much flowery language at the beginning of the sex due to Annabeth’s inexperience. Talk of gifts and miracles - hmmm. I don’t know anyone (thankfully) who speaks like that either before, during or after sex. A couple of sentences wasn’t a huge issue, however.

I liked this story. It was short, sweet with a bit of heat and a nice tale to give you a 20 minute break from the craziness of Christmas. One to check out and I might have a look for Lilian Hart’s longer novels in the future. 4 stars.


------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.