Love Letters by Lori Brighton

http://amzn.to/29chFz8The Art of Seduction

Clara Cameron will do anything to escape her impending marriage to the odious Lord Desmond, even if it means posing nude for artist Brendon Evans, the man she once loved. It’s been years since they’ve seen each other, but Clara’s love for Brendon hasn’t diminished. Will Brendon recognize Clara and admit his feelings for the woman before Lord Desmond comes calling, claiming Clara for his own?

Meant For Me

For years Cynthia Shaw has replied to Gabriel Baston’s letters, pretending to be his fiancé, Cynthia’s wretched cousin Helen. When Gabriel appears at a masked ball and mistakes Cynthia for Helen, she can’t help herself and gives her innocence to the man she has loved for years. Will Lord Kennwick realize Cynthia was meant for him before it’s too late? 



------------------------ 


This book contains two short, unconnected stories where love letters play a part in bringing the hero and heroine together.


The Art of Seduction

I liked the premise of this story although I wasn't completely in love with Brendan. I suppose he wasn't supposed to be your usual hero but he didn't really capture me to any great degree. I liked Clara and admired her for trying to get away from her situation in life. The pair had good chemistry although I didn't feel much spark during the love scenes. I also thought that there was a gaping plot hole when it was discovered that Brendan's sister had been writing letters to him about Clara. Overall still a likeable and readable story.


Meant for Me

In this story the heroine was strong despite her difficult position in life and I liked her character and her spirit. Unfortunately the hero was a little bit of an idiot although I suppose I can't blame him for being confused by all the machinations going on around him - I just wanted him to be a bit more aware! The story was cute but I have read a very similar story before which lessened my enjoyment somewhat.

--

Overall these were a readable and likeable set of stories. There were a couple of glaring typographical errors which always irritate and annoy me but the writing was still good and the stories were finished quickly. I debated between 3 and 4 stars for these stories but, despite having enjoyed them, there just wasn't enough spark for me to give them higher than 3 stars, I'm afraid. Having said that, this book is currently (at the time of writing) free from the Kindle store and you certainly can't go wrong with that!


------------------------

97 pages

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.