Claiming His Wedding Night by Lee Wilkinson

http://amzn.to/29omf0fAt the tycoon’s mercy! 

Perdita Boyd must save her family’s business and protect her ailing father. So what’s she to do when the only investor to step forward is Jared Dangerfield? Her estranged husband! Young and in love, Perdita married Jared in a secret ceremony against her father’s wishes.

But the marriage was never consummated as, on their wedding night, Perdita caught Jared in bed with another woman. Now Jared is back…to take the business, to take his revenge for being set up, and…to take his wife!


------------------------


I liked the premise for this book as I always like a `second chance at love' story. Being part of the Modern Mills & Boon line, I was expecting the strong, ruthless man and a woman perfect for him. However there were times that I thought that Perdita was a little too weak and almost pathetic compared to Jared. With his strong, domineering ways it would have been nice to see her match him rather than sometimes come across as bending to his will. It wasn't all the time but it irked me a little!

Overall the plot is quite basic but easy to understand and perfectly believable for the most part. It's not demanding and I enjoyed reading about Perdita and Jared and the evolving love story up to the inevitable conclusion. I would have liked the ending to be a little bit more fleshed out with perhaps an epilogue but it was satisfying nonetheless.

If you're looking for an enjoyable, readable Modern romance story that takes you away for a couple of hours then I would recommend this book to you. It's not earth shattering but I enjoyed it and it did the job. 3 stars.


------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.