For Love or Legacy by Ruth Cardello

http://amzn.to/29bkZcUNicole Corisi will lose her inheritance if she doesn’t find a way around the terms of her father’s will, but she will have to partner up with her estranged brother’s rival to do it. As pretense becomes painfully real, Nicole will have to choose between Stephan and the family he is driven to destroy.

Stephan Andrade has been planning his revenge ever since Dominic Corisi unscrupulously took over his father’s company. With Corisi Enterprises gambling its reputation on the success of a new software network for China, Stephan finally has his chance to take back his legacy. Dominic’s younger sister, Nicole, asks Stephan for his help and provides him with an opportunity to exact his revenge on a personal level.

It all goes smoothly until he falls in love.



------------------------


This is the second in the Legacy Trilogy after Maid for the Billionaire and before Bedding the Billionaire. You probably could read them on their own but it's so much better if you read them in order so you know who's who in the supporting characters and situations.

Although looking forward to this book I was wondering whether I would identify with Nicole as she seemed a bit snippy in the first book. I was glad to be proven wrong as she instantly came across as a real woman who had insecurities but a real strength about her. She was fun and likeable and a great foil for the delicious and broody Stephan. The pair also had good chemistry although I would have liked to see a little more action between the pair in the earlier stages!

The storyline was interesting and I was always keen to pick up the book and continue where I'd left off. The writing flowed and the style was very readable. The book also nicely set up Jake and Lil's story which I'm very much looking forward to. And I have to make mention of the second last line of the book which I thought was so sweet and made me swoon!

Like with Maid for the Billionaire, I feel that this author shows exactly how Mills and Boon Modern/Harlequin Desire books should be written. Men who are powerful without being too arrogant and women that are strong enough to tame them. I am really enjoying Ruth Cardello's books and would recommend you give her a try. 4 stars.


------------------------

222 pages

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.