Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz

http://amzn.to/2eNIcqB
Trick or wicked treat!

It was a devastating dirty trick - Joey Silvia just found out her boyfriend of two years is married. What. A. Dick. Joey knows her best chance to get over one guy is to get under another. Of course, heading home to her family's remote cabin in Oregon poses some challenges in the "available men" department until she discovers this cabin comes with its own hot handyman!

Holy crap, Chris Steffensen. When did her brother's best friend turn into a hard-bodied pile of blond-bearded hotness? He's the perfect Halloween treat and a surprisingly dirty rebound guy. For a couple of weeks, anyway. Except that Chris has other ideas like proving to Joey that this blast from the past is a whole lot more than a naughty Halloween hookup.



------------------------


I was drawn to this story despite being slightly dubious about whether there could ever be a satisfying ending when one of the main characters has just ended a 2 year relationship. I mean literally ‘just ended’ about 2 days prior to the story starting. But I’m a sucker for a big brother’s best friend romance so I had to give it a try.

I’ll admit that it took me longer than usual to get behind Joey as she was (realistically) portrayed as still being hung up on her ex. But almost as soon as she met a grown-up, bearded Chris, I started to completely forget about her ex, just like she did.

Chris and Joey are perfect for each other. Never before have I read about a couple with such banter and humour in their relationship. Sure, it starts off as mostly about sex - and great sex, no less - but it quickly moves into a deeper, more meaningful relationship fuelled by their history together. They had a great connection and I loved them both.

I also really liked the way that Joey felt conflicted about what she wanted and what to do for the best - for herself and for Chris. It felt real and that made me like her more. I know we’re not really expecting mammoth depths from a Blaze novel but the line about doing what you should feel and do versus what you actually feel and do was quite a thought. It made me realise one of the reasons why I’d been wary about this book was because a couple ‘shouldn’t’ fall in love when one of them is on the rebound. And now? I think why the hell can’t they?

I would have loved to read an epilogue of the couple a few months or year later but I’m still giving the book 4 stars.

------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.