Christmas in His Bed by Sasha Summers

http://amzn.to/2gEEzpcTis the season to be naughty…

Newly divorced and back in her hometown, Tatum Buchanan is trying to move on with her life. But she's shocked to discover her ex-husband has rented out her childhood home to her high school sweetheart! And the last thing she expects to see is grown-up Spencer Ryan's cut, hard body. Apparently Tatum's libido doesn't care that Spencer shattered her heart eight years ago…

With the holidays looming and Spencer's presence in her house driving her wild, Tatum strikes a bargain with him—twelve days of no-strings sex. Just so she can get him out of her system. But when the twelve red-hot days of Christmas are over, Tatum isn't sure she can say goodbye to Spencer on December 25!



------------------------


I do love a quick, sexy Christmas tale and that’s what you get with Blaze - and what you get with this story, too.

I suppose it’s a different kind of Christmas tale as there isn’t much focus on the holiday (except on the fringes of the story) but more of a focus on the relationship between Spencer and Tatum - past, present and possible future.

Both Spencer and Tatum are likeable characters and their motivations are realistic and understandable. I liked them both, loved their chemistry and truly wanted them to work through their problems and get together.

The sex is hot and there’s plenty of it in this story. Perfect for warming up chilly nights in the run up to Christmas.

My only gripe is that the ending was a bit anticlimactic. We’d been building up to it and then…it kind of just fizzled out. I’m not sure what happened but I was just left disappointed. Nothing worse. There was no big declaration, no real excitement and no butterflies in the stomach feeling that I just love at the end of these kind of books. I even picked up my book a couple of hours after finishing it, having forgotten that I actually had finished it.

But there was a happily ever after, I liked the writing style and we got to catch up on characters that I’d read about in a previous Sasha Summers story (this story still stands completely alone so fear not) - so I’m still giving this book 4 stars. It’s Christmas after all and reading Blaze festive stories has become a happy tradition.

And would you look at those sexy stocking on that book cover - where do I get me some of them?


------------------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.