Resisting the Billionaire by Allie Winters



https://amzn.to/2XCABlF

-Gabriel-
When I’m forced to make a deal with my father to marry the woman of his choosing for a business deal, I never expected to find someone I connect with. Someone who doesn’t fawn all over me because I’m the heir to a billion dollar fortune. Someone who sees the real me. And someone I can’t get enough of in turn.
There’s only one problem - I can’t have her. She’s the wedding planner.

-Mackenzie-
It’s the chance of a lifetime - plan the wedding of a billionaire’s son that’ll put my event planning business on the map and get me out of debt. A no brainer, right?
Except the bride wants nothing to do with this arranged marriage. And as the groom and I get closer, the professional lines between us blur until there’s something there neither of us can deny. With my business on the line and our chemistry off the charts, I’m torn whether I should keep resisting the one person I never expected to fall for.



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33259027-the-duchess-deal


Title: Resisting the Billionaire
Author: Allie Winters
Series: Bishop Brothers (Book 1)
Pages: 308
Genre(s): Contemporary, US, Billionaire Romance,
Hot Buttons: n/a


Release Date: 22nd October, 2020


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superb romance

5 stars

Oh - but this is a good book! Allie Winters is a new-to-me author and I’m so glad that she’s now on my radar. This book hooked me from beginning to end and I was so invested in the characters and the storyline that I never wanted it to end. I’m so pleased that this is the first in a new series as that means I’ll get more time with Gabriel, Mackenzie and the other Bishop brothers in the future.

As I mentioned, this is the first book in a new series around the Bishop Brothers - standalone tales of a trio of billionaire brothers of New York. This first tale focuses on middle brother, Gabriel.

At first, I thought Gabriel was an odd choice as the first brother to get his own story - after all, he’s the playboy wastrel of the brothers. I probably thought that for about a page and a half before I started to fall in love with the charm and hidden depths of Gabriel. He was one of those heroes who act jovial and devil-may-care but is actually quite complex and has a hard time with his place in life - as the seemingly care-free son of a billionaire mogul. He was also sweet and caring - especially to Mackenzie. He was just adorable.

I had no such reservations about Mackenzie as I loved her straight away. She’s determined, proud, slightly neurotic and trying her best to do the right thing. I understood every single thought and dilemma she faced and I can’t say I’d have done anything differently than she herself did. Okay, maybe I might have thrown myself at Gabriel despite the barriers!

And there are definitely barriers to our pair being together. Yep - his impending marriage! Okay, so some little kissing and the like happens while Gabriel is engaged (some might consider this cheating - I personally do not) but for the most part, the pair are strictly ‘friends’ which is great for building sexual tension which, when it explodes, it bangs gooooood! I enjoyed myself as much as the couple, I think!

So we’ve got great characters, a great build-up of sexual tension and a very real issue of what can possibly be done to make sure our couple end up together. But, for me, it was the building of a friendship between Gabriel and Mackenzie that gave this book a great edge. They just fit together. They made each other better in every way and I felt that. And I loved it. I loved everything about them as a couple - even the angst!

Even towards the culmination of the story, I still wasn’t sure what would happen to set everything straight. So when everything went down, I read the paragraph, moved on, then had to go back to say ‘whaaaaaaat?’ I wasn’t expecting that but my God, I’m here for it! Genius move on the author’s part.

So, all’s well that ends well. We get our HEA and a cute epilogue. Even better, if you sign up for Ms Winter’s e-newsletter, you get a free second epilogue and it’s so freaking cute. I was so happy. I love an epilogue and I love Gabriel and Mackenzie.

Two teeny tiny points to mention. Firstly, the hero’s mean father is called Harold Bishop. Anyone who grew up in the UK or Oz will definitely have a hard time picturing old Harold as a mean man. Every time he’s mentioned, I giggled a little!

And in what’s fast moving to the top of my hate list - till. It was used an inordinate amount of time in this book and my ass twitched every time. Until or ’til - pretty please?!

Anyway, this book left me with a smile on my face and an extreme yearning for the next book in the series - Archer’s story. As I mentioned, Allie Winter’s was a new-to-me author, but I’m now away to see what else she’s written as her writing style was fresh, fun and definitely struck a chord with me. 5 stars for this one and highly recommended.


 
 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUY THIS BOOK:


https://amzn.to/2H7Emtrhttp://amzn.to/2CejyrEhttps://www.amazon.com.au/Duchess-Deal-Tessa-Dare-ebook/dp/B073NXHT86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518389513&sr=8-1&keywords=the+duchess+dealhttp://amzn.to/2CdESxe









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.