Terms of Surrender by Leslie Kelly

http://amzn.to/29o1rlLSubject: Danny Wilkes, navy pilot.

Current status: On shore rotation. Very intrigued by a sassy visiting lecturer…

Mission: Enter the astronaut training program.

Obstacle: Marissa Marshall, Ph.D. She's keeping Danny preoccupied with earthly delights…

Danny Wilkes might have outgrown his risk-taking flyboy days, but he still loves a thrill now and then. And nobody's thrilled him lately like fiery Mari Marshall. Sex with her is a bigger turn-on than any of the air maneuvers Danny's ever pulled. He falls head over heels…hard.
But Mari has bitter memories of being a military brat. She'll never enter that life again–not even for the best sex she's ever had.

It's a hell of a choice. Does Danny give up his skyrocketing career? Or let go of the only woman who revs his engine into the stratosphere?


------------------------


I am a huge fan of Leslie Kelly's and am always excited when she brings out a new book. Unfortunately, this one didn't really float my boat.

I think, for me, the main problem was with Mari. There was something ballsy and brash about her that meant I just couldn't like her much or root for her. I'm not against strong females in a romance but she seemed a strange mix of mouthy forcefulness and needy uncertainty that seemed at odds with one another.

Danny was a better character but again, I wouldn't call him a perfect leading male character. The chemistry between Mari and Danny was fairly hot but not scorching and there were plenty of sexy scenes between the pair.

The story ran along smoothly although I did find myself being interested in the beginning while Danny and Mari weren't together. Then, when they got together it got quite boring. And again, they weren't together and it started getting interesting again. It was strange that it was unable to hold my attention from beginning to end. The ending itself was what you would expect but it certainly didn't make me sigh or even really make me remember it after I'd put the book down.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh with this book because I have adored some of Kelly's previous books and so probably set quite a high standard for this one. Having said that, this book was still fairly enjoyable and is an easy read for a quiet afternoon. 3 stars.


------------------------

224 pages



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.