Riding the Storm by Joanne Rock

http://amzn.to/29bh1B4
Interior designer Josie Passano is married to her work. But when she dozes off on a prospective client's boat (thank you, motion sickness pills), she's startled to be awoken by a seriously hot guy...and sailing away on the ocean!

Businessman Keith Murphy (of the Cape Cod Murphys) is blown away by the sexy stranger on his brother's boat. It's like Goldilocks--only it's more fantasy than fairy tale. But their sexual chemistry is lightning-hot, and Keith will do anything to keep Josie onboard...and in bed.


------------------------


This is the second of a series of books about the Murphy Men of Cape Cod after Making a Splash. Despite it being part of a set, this book stands completely alone and they books will make sense even if not read in order.

All in all this was a likeable book with characters I enjoyed even if I didn't overly identify with them. Josie and Keith had chemistry and their scenes together were nicely sexy.

My main problem was that for the majority of the story nothing really seemed to happen other than Josie and Keith being together on the boat and that made me a little less than enthusiastic in returning to the book when I put it down. It wasn't terrible and the writing is good but it just didn't capture or hold my attention to any degree. I liked the ending but even then, it was cut off without an epilogue which always annoys me.

If you're reading the series then it's not one you should necessarily skip but it's not a book I would go out of my way to recommend.


------------------------

224 pages






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.